Recent Articles

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday 15 October 2015

Quote: Eldridge Cleaver on Interracial Rape

"I became a rapist. To refine my technique and modus operandi, I started out by practicing on black girls in the ghetto  in the black ghetto where dark and vicious deeds appear not as aberrations or deviations from the norm, but as part of the sufficiency of the Evil of the day  and when I considered myself smooth enough, I crossed the tracks and sought out white prey. I did this consciously, deliberately, willfully, methodically – though looking back I see that I was in a frantic, wild and completely abandoned frame of mind. Rape was an insurrectionary act. It delighted me that I was defying and trampling upon the white man's law, upon his system of values, and that I was defiling his women  and this point, I believe, was the most satisfying to me because I was very resentful over the historical fact of how the white man has used the black woman. I felt I was getting revenge."

Former Black Panther leader Eldridge Cleaver in his memoir and essay coleection Soul on Ice in 1968.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages